spoon

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Category:

Oh Fall how we love you because of all the good fall-inspired treats you bring! I had some pumpkin cheesecake at a restaurant a week or so ago and it was absolutely fantastic. All week long I had been thinking about possibly trying to make one at home but I was worried I wouldn't like it once I made it. Well I made it and we ALL loved it, however I didn't take all the "usual" blog pictures so the finished product will have to do. I found this recipe online and changed some things to fit my "the less I have to do the better" attitude. The only downside (if there could be one) is that it is a large recipe, it yielded THREE cheesecakes. So I'd say making this for a party would be just the ticket!

For the crust I just bought a pre-made ones (again the less steps the better)

1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
3 8oz packages of cream cheese at room temperature
3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup of sour cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat cream cheese until it's smooth, add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Beat well, then add flour and vanilla. Beat the mixture until it's combined with few to no cream cheese lumps. It will be runny.

Pour into crust (don't fill it to the top) and place in the oven for 1 hour.
Let it cool for 15-25 minutes and cover it with plastic wrap/or pie tin cover and place it in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours.



ENJOY!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment