spoon

Blissful Breakfast Smoothies

Category:

This morning my hubby and I got to enjoy these smoothies and the Cozy Cottage Muffins (recipe below) that I made last night. The kids had a sleep-over night with friends, so it was truly a “blissful” morning. The tip with breakfast smoothies is to wash and cut the fruit the night before, or use pre-packaged frozen fruit so you can just throw everything in the blender in the morning. I peel and freeze bananas because I like the taste of a frozen smoothie, and you can stock up when they are on sale. Just blend and serve!
1 Banana
1 cup Strawberries
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt (or fat free plain Greek yogurt)
1 T Flax Seed Oil
1 T Raw Honey
1 or 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Optional: Throw in some protein powder. I recommend Garden of Life’s “Goatein” or “Raw” protein powders.
Variations of the recipe include the Orange Creamsicle Smoothie (1 banana and 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice), Chocolate-Banana (1 banana, 2 T raw organic cocoa powder), and Very Berry (1 cup blueberries, 1 cup strawberries or other mixed berries), with all other ingredients remaining the same. It's a yummy way to start the morning!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment