spoon

Easy Italian Meatballs

Category:

These meatballs are very easy to make and come out delicious. If you have time you can make your own spaghetti sauce, but I didn't have time so I used a jar of what I had in the pantry.


1 pound lean ground beef 
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (or more to your taste)
Salt & Pepper (to your taste)


Combine all ingredients in large bowl (I find that mixing with my hands incorporates them a lot better than mixing with a spoon). In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon (or one turn of the pan) of olive oil - just enough to create a little non-stick barrier - over medium-high heat. Form the meat into golfball sized portions and place in pan. Turn to brown on all sides (no need to cook them all the way through). 



Once they have browned on all sides, pour one jar (or your homemade) spaghetti/pasta sauce over the meatballs.




Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes. This will finish the cooking process and also give a little more flavor to the sauce you used.
Serve over spaghetti (or whatever your favorite pasta is). I happened to have a box of jumbo shells half-used, so I combined with that. Enjoy!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment