spoon

Margherita Pizza

Category:

I have to thank my awesome neighbor Terry for letting us use their pizza stone. I'm convinced I need one now! :) So in case you haven't noticed my neighbors are simply amazing people I'm lucky enough to call friends. Terry always lets me borrow random kitchen utensils and what not. He often makes dinner for him and his fiancé Jen, and if Marc is out of town on business, will bring me over dinner, or coffee, or dessert.... how blessed are Marc and I?!?! Anyway he's an awesome friend!
I told him what I had planned to make for dinner and he said "do you want to borrow our pizza stone?!" YESSSSSSS I dooooo!! :)

I bought everything from Trader Joe's (am I getting commission yet on how much I endorse them!?!) pre-made, down to the dough, their garlic & herb dough is amaze amaze amaze. Anyway the assembly is pretty easy once you have the ingredients, I'd have to highly encourage buying fresh yummy ingredients... that makes all the difference.



What you will need:
1 package Trader Joe's garlic & herb pizza dough
1 package of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar of pizza sauce
1 firm large tomato on the vine (or any tomato you wish to use)
1 package of FRESH basil
flour- its needed for dough... and for the pizza stone.
**optional: shredded fresh parmesan cheese, I had some on hand and figured I'd use it.. who doesn't love extra cheese

Before oven..
So I left the oven on 400 (as called for on the dough) and placed stone in for 15 minutes.
As a heads up, the dough needs to sit on a surface sprinkled with flour for about 20 mins before you use it... if you don't it's no biggie, but when it's cold it is tougher to work with, rather than when it's been sitting at room temp. I rolled out the dough to the best circle I could possibly make.  Then took about 10-15 leaves of basil and sliced them, also sliced the tomato in fairly thin slices. Then I took the stone out, sprinkled a bit of flour on it and placed the dough on it, poured sauce on evenly, sprinkled cheese, sprinkled generously the chopped basil, placed tomatoes around the pizza to cover all basil, and sprinkled some fresh parmesan on top and into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the dough was golden brown.

After oven... YUM!
I paired this with a spinach salad... it was delicious!! There were NO leftovers... :(

Comments (0)

Post a Comment