spoon

Fulya's Spinach Salad

Category: ,

So my neighbor Fulya makes this amazing spinach salad.. truly it changed my mind about spinach salad. She's from Turkey and has shared quite a few things she's made with us. So,after having her salad I tried to make it at home.. because as sweet as she is I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate me asking her to make salad every week.  It's not as good as hers.. but its as close as I can get.. and it's the only way I can eat spinach salad now!




Spinach Salad:
3 or 4 cups of spinach (I buy it pre-washed/cleaned/trimmed)
1/2 teaspoon of dried DILL weed
2 1/2 tablespoons of EVOO.. I bought a flavored EVOO at a EVOO bar and can't go back to plain for this salad- Roasted Onion & Cilantro EVOO... amaaaaazing
pinch of salad/pepper to taste
3 tablespoons of feta cheese
1 green onion "chive" chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
1/2 cup diced english cucumber (if you have plain old cucumber that works too)
**optional: olives, now I personally don't like olives but if you bought some really great high quality ones I'm sure it would be delish!

So assembly is quite easy. Place spinach in glass bowl, pour EVOO in, dash of salt pepper, dill, feta, diced cucumber and green onion (I didn't have any today, taste fine w/out but I love it when I do) and toss a few times.

It's super fresh and so healthy! Salad is obviously easy, but just thought I'd share this delicious salad I adapted from a wonderful friend.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment