spoon

Green Fakechiladas

Category:

I have several enchilada recipes, but this is one of my favorites because it is so easy. I got the recipe from my mother in law, who is the queen of delicious but quick and easy meals. I'm also sort of embarrassed because I've made it for a lot of people and they think I make the sauce from scratch. Now the truth comes out!


1 can Campbells Healthy Request Cream of Chicken
1 can Campbells Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom
1 can Salsa Verde
Corn Tortillas
1/2 cup chopped onion
Shredded Muenster Cheese
Approx 1/2 cup milk
Approx 1/2 cup water

You will notice I didn't picture the onion or milk, it was one of those nights. I was multi-tasking dinner and 1st grade homework which included an oral spelling bee :) Add 2-3 Tbs EVOO to a large shallow sauce pan. Add the onion and sauté until browned.

Add Cream of Chicken soup and Cream of Mushroom soup. Alternate between adding milk and water to reach the right consistency. I used about 1/2 cup of milk and a 1/2 cup of water. Continue stirring together under medium-low heat. Add salsa. I used a little more than 1/2 of a 7 oz. can.

Once everything is mixed well, reduce heat to low. In small frying pan add a couple Tbs of oil and heat over medium heat. Add corn tortillas one at a time and brown on both sides. I like mine to be slightly crispy. Remove tortilla from frying pan and blot out extra oil with a papertowel.

Cook all the tortillas first. I make about 3 tortillas per adult serving. To construct the fakechiladas layer one tortilla, then cheese, then spoon the sauce over it and repeat. I serve them with rice and salad.

Another variation is to create the layers in a casserole dish.Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, top with sour cream. We are too hungry and impatient for that step most nights!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment