spoon

Chicken Parmesan

Category:

This is by far one of my husband's favorite dinners. I love it because it's super simple and requires NO seasoning from my pantry and the clean up is easy squeezy. It's my lazy man's take on chicken parmesan but with a healthy twist because there is NO frying AND the breading is more of a light crust. Here we go!



1 lb of boneless, skinless, thinly sliced chicken breast filets 
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
Fresh Basil
1 package of shake n' bake (I've used the Italian seasoning as well and its just as great, this is what I had in my pantry)
Thinly deli sliced cheese of your choice. I have used provolone, mozzerella, jack, and recently havarti dill (which I think is our new favorite for this)

Optional:
You can add pasta of your choice to sit the filets on (I didn't this time)
Veggie of your choice

We love asparagus so that is what we had tonight. All I did was use my grill stovetop pan with a bit of EVOO and garlic salt and cooked them for about 4 mins. 


True to my "easy cooking attitude" I used jarred sauce and I added a few things to freshen it up. I chopped some fresh basil and added it to the sauce and let it simmer. If you want you can do a dash or two of dried oregano. 

For the chicken I simply follow the instructions on the box. But if you want to use boxed bread crumbs and need instructions I'll post them. 

Set your oven to 400. Put breadcrumbs into a large ziploc bag. Wet each piece of chicken and add 1 piece at a time to the bag, shaking it to coat the entire piece. After you have coated each piece use the remaining crumbs and sprinkle them on top of the chicken. Place it on a foil lined cookie sheet and into the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken has cooked through.

Once the chicken has cooked you cover it with a slice of deli cheese of your choice and then a heaping spoon of sauce, add your veggies and presto! 

Comments (0)

Post a Comment