spoon

Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken

Category:

Ok bloggies... I'm back! (I think) It's definitely been a while but I promise I will do my best to get some posts going, I have a camera FULL of pictures from dinners that I just haven't sat down to share with you all, but Brooke has had me on my toes to say the least. In any event, I made this a few nights ago and we all really loved it.


Bone in with skin Chicken breast
3 lemons (NOT artificial juice)
8-9  finely chopped garlic cloves
1/4 cup EVOO
1 tbsp lemon zest (just grate 2 of  lemons and it renders what you need)
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp salt (keep it handy for seasoning)
1 tsp pepper (keep it handy for seasoning)
1/3 cup of either chicken stock OR white wine

Preheat your oven to 400. 
Heat EVOO and chopped cloves on medium to low heat for about 1 min, just enough to flavor the oil do NOT let it brown/burn. Turn off the heat and add white wine (or stock), lemon zest, lemon juice from TWO lemons, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir it and pour into a baking dish, place chicken in the dish and lightly coat the skin with EVOO and sprinkle salt and pepper on top (just watch the salt). Slice the last lemon into wedges and place it around the chicken. Place it in the oven for 30-45 min, or until the juices run clear and the skin is lightly browned. When it is cooked through take it out of the oven and cover it with foil until you are ready to serve, use the pan juices as sauce on chicken as it's served.



As sides I made couscous (we loved it) and sauteed garlic green beans. Enjoy!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment